The COVID-19 pandemic shed light on some of the daunting health care challenges faced by Pennsylvania’s rural residents while also illustrating some of the promising paths forward as rural health care seeks to survive and thrive in a post-pandemic world.
After nearly a year of caring for COVID-19 patients, medical professionals have learned more about treating the disease.
In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Kane Kerr was hospitalized with an illness people and even medical experts are only now becoming aware of — which his mother, Misty Kerr, hopes to spread some awareness of before other parents have to go through the same experience with their children.
Cherokee Nation Health Services has received national attention for its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and while officials are proud of their work, they know there are more hurdles to clear.
NORMAN, Okla. — The University of Oklahoma is planning to return to in-person classes this fall on all three campuses, according to a Friday letter from Interim President Joe Harroz.
Too weak to move in his Lexington, Kentucky hospital bed or even pick up his cellphone to call his family, Dennis Campbell came to a stark, dark realization.
Narrow restriction of local information about confirmed cases of COVID-19 begs the question: What is the appropriate balance between protecting an individual’s identity and the public’s right to information during a public health crisis?
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma – Health care workers are at the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic, and those living and working in Rogers County, Oklahoma, are pleading with people to take it seriously.
- Wolf proposes changes for charter schools, but presses General Assembly to act too
- Two charged with assaulting reporter at anti-mask meeting
- In 20 years since 9/11 attacks, nation remains forever changed
- Hundreds of nursing homes went months without full inspections
- Much of info sought by Senate GOP already available
- Oklahoma regulators question utilities about preparations for possible ‘season of shivers’
- Despite low COVID vaccination, high death rates, governors plan to block Biden mandates
- Man who saw Flight 93 crash memorializes victims in tattoos
- First Americans Museum opens Saturday, honoring Oklahoma’s 39 tribes
- Pamela Anderson fights to protect Antarctica’s waters